Check our Facebook page for job opportunity announcements!
Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation
Two paid programs for college students or recent graduates: the ZSR Summer Internship and the ZSR Fellowship.
The ZSR Fellowship is a 2-year paid fellowship for an individual with interests in philanthropy, public policy, community service, and/or the non-profit sector. Eligible candidates must be natives or residents of North Carolina and/or graduates of an accredited North Carolina college or university. For more information see the ZSR Fellowship webpage or go directly to the Fellowship Application here.
The ZSR Summer Internship is an 8-week paid summer internship for one student who is currently enrolled in an accredited North Carolina undergraduate or graduate program. The intern will work at the Foundation in Winston-Salem and ZSR provides a housing stipend in cases where the student does not live within commuting distance. For more information, see the ZSR Summer Internship webpage or go directly to the Summer Internship application here.
Applications are due in early January each year; check the ZSR website for specific dates.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) HS-STEM Summer Internship Program
- Undergraduate students
- 10 week research experience
- $5,000 stipend plus travel expenses
- Areas of research: Engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biological/life sciences, environmental science, emergency and incident management, social sciences
- Projects offered at: National research laboratories (Argonne, Idaho, Lawrence Livermore, Los Alamos, Oak Ridge, Pacific Northwest, Sandia, Savannah River); DHS laboratories (Transportation Security Laboratory); and other research facilities (Air Force Research Laboratory, Homeland Security Studies and Analysis Institute, National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- Locations include CA, CO, ID, IL, MD, NM, NJ, OH, SC, TN, WA, VA
- U.S. citizenship required
See http://www.orau.gov/dhseducationprograms for more information.