The Department of Geography and Planning is seeking applicants for a new scholarship provided by the ASU Local Government Alumni Association (ASULGAA) for the 2019-20 academic year. The department will award one scholarship to a rising junior or senior who meets the eligibility requirements.
- Student is majoring in Community & Regional Planning
- Student will be a junior or senior during the 2019-20 academic year (currently a sophomore or junior)
- Student must have satisfactory academic achievement (3.0 GPA in Planning and 2.5 GPA overall)
- Student must be full-time (12+ semester hours)
* Financial need will be a consideration when making the award.
Students meeting the requirements for the scholarship are invited to apply by submitting a one page letter of application. The letter should describe the student's interest in the scholarship, the student's academic qualifications and the student's financial needs that might be met with the scholarship.
Submit your application by email to Dr. Rich Crepeau at email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. Please attach an electronic copy of your transcript. The Department Awards and Honors Committee will review the applications for the ASU Local Government Alumni Association Planning Scholarship and recommend a recipient to the Chair of the Department; the decision of the Committee and Chair will be final.