Student Forms and Documents

Programs of Study

Equipment Rental and Software Requests

  • Equipment Checkout
  • ArcGIS License Renewal
  • Request for Software (ArcGIS and ERDAS Imagine)
  • ESRI ArcGIS Training Requests


  • CAS Major Change Form (PDF) 
    Undergraduate students who have already declared a major , but want to change majors should contact the department office where the new major is located , to complete a Major Change Form. If you have not declared in any college, go to the University College advising office at 101 D.D. Dougherty to declare.
  • Graduate School Forms
    Graduate Students - The Geography & Planning Department requires a bound copy of your Thesis or Internship report, please give to the office secretary.

Internship Guidelines and Contract

Instructions: Internships are considered classes. You need to find a department faculty supervisor who will monitor your internship. You will turn in reports, and you will receive a grade from your faculty supervisor. Guidelines and objectives are listed above. Please read completely the "CAS Internship Contract" (above), and remember  you will be billed for the amount of hours required for that course.  After filling out the contract completely (see below for the link to the CAS Internship Contract), you will need to get the "special course form," so you can be registered for the class. The "special course form"  will require our Department Chair approval,  and the CAS Dean's approval, and finally to the Registrar's office - so they can register you for the class. The "special course form" is located in our department's main office.

Independent Study Contract

  • Independent Study Contract (PDF)
    • You need a special course form, available from the GHY/PLN office to register. 
    • All Internship or Independent Study Contracts must be copied and placed in the student's file, please give to our office secretary.
    • Graduate students - the limit you can register in 5500 & selected topics 5530-5549 is 25% from your total POS hours.


See the Travel Forms page.