Internship Guidelines and Contract
Students earning a Bachelor of Science in Geography (GIS Concentration) or Bachelor of Science in Community & Regional Planning are required to complete a 6 credit-hour internship (400 hours of work; 10 forty hour weeks). Internships are considered classes (GHY/PLN 4900: Internship in Geography & Planning). You need to find a department faculty supervisor who will monitor your internship. You will turn in weekly reports, and you will receive a grade from your faculty supervisor.
Please read completely the "Internship Contract" (below). After filling out the contract completely, you will need to complete a Special Course Form, so you can be registered for the class. Note: This form requires approval from: 1) the Department Chair, 2) the College of Arts & Sciences Dean, and 3) the Registrar's Office.
Before the Internship:
- Geography Internship Guidelines (PDF)
- Community and Regional Planning Internship Guidelines (PDF)
- Objectives for a Community and Regional Planning Internship (PDF)
- Internship Contract (PDF)
After the Internship:
- Internship Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Internship Paper Guidelines (PDF)
- Example Internship Paper (Jessica Mitchell) (PDF)