Internship Guidelines and Contract
Students earning a Bachelor of Science in Geography (GIS Concentration) or Bachelor of Science in Community & Regional Planning are required to complete a 6 credit-hour internship (400 hours of work; 10 forty-hour weeks). For insurance reasons, internships are considered classes (GHY/PLN 4900: Internship in Geography & Planning) that you must register for before beginning your internship. Additionally, you need to find a department faculty supervisor who will monitor your internship. You will turn in weekly reports, and you will receive a final grade from your faculty supervisor.
Please read completely the "Internship Contract" (below). After filling out the contract completely, you will need to complete a Special Course Form, so you can be registered for the course. Note: This form requires approval from: 1) the Department Chair, 2) the College of Arts & Sciences Dean, and 3) the Registrar's Office.
Before the Internship:
- Geography Internship Guidelines (PDF)
- Community and Regional Planning Internship Guidelines (PDF)
- Objectives for a Community and Regional Planning Internship (PDF)
- Internship Contract (PDF)
After the Internship:
Example Internship Papers:
- Jessica Mitchell (Geographic Information Systems) (PDF)
- Matthew Blaszyk (Community and Regional Planning) (PDF)