B.S. Geography (General Concentration) 241C Program of Study
Bachelor of Science degree in Geography (241*) requires GHY 1010 and GHY 1020 or GHY 1040 as prerequisites.
Required courses include the following:
- GHY 2310 Cartographic Design and Analysis
- GHY 2812 Geospatial Data and Technology
- GHY 3800 Intro to Quantitative Methods
- GHY 4830 Senior Seminar
- PLN 2410 Town, City and Regional Planning
B.S. in Geography (General Concentration) (241C) requires 27 s.h. of Geography Electives:
- 3 s.h. each from geographic methods, physical geography, human geography, and regional geography.
- 15 s.h. of geographic electives must include a minimum of 9 s.h. in 3000 or 4000 level geography courses
- 6 s.h. (max) in 3000 or 4000 level planning courses may be ap-plied to the geographic electives.
- In addition, the student must take 5-6 s.h. of approved courses in statistics and/or computer applications and a minimum of 15 s.h. in approved ancillary courses.
Prior checksheets are available on the Program of Study website and in the Geography & Planning main office, RSW 323.