- 2018-19 program of study, see the Undergraduate Bulletin
- 2017-18 or earlier Programs of Study
- Suggested 4-Year Plan (DOCX)
Bachelor of Science degree in Geography GIS (241d*) requires GHY 1010 and GHY 1020 or GHY 1040 as prerequisites.
Required courses include the following:
- GHY 2310 Cartographic Design and Analysis
- GHY 2812 Geospatial Data and Technology
- GHY 3800 Intro to Quantitative Methods
- GHY 4830 Senior Seminar
- PLN 2410 Town, City and Regional Planning
B.S Geography GIS requires an additional 21 semester hours
- GHY 3310 Environmental Remote Sensing
- GHY 3812 Introduction to GIS
- GHY 4810 Digital Image Processing
- GHY 4812 Advanced GIS
- GHY 4814 Principles of Geocommunication
- GHY 4900 (6 s.h.) Internship
B.S. GIS requires 24 s.h. of Geography Electives
- 3 s.h. each from physical geography, human geography, and regional geography.
- 15 s.h. of geographic electives must include a minimum of 9 s.h. in 3000 or 4000 level geography courses
- 6 s.h. (max) in 3000 or 4000 level planning courses may be applied to the geographic electives.
- In addition, the student must take 3 s.h. of approved courses in computer applications.