Julian Yoder Scholarship in Geography (Undergraduate)
The Department of Geography and Planning is seeking applicants for the Julian Yoder Scholarship in Geography. The department will award one scholarship to a rising junior or senior who meets the eligibility requirements:
- Student is majoring in Geography
- Student will be a junior or senior during the 2020-21 academic year (currently a sophomore or junior)
- Student must have satisfactory academic achievement (3.0+ GPA in Geography and 2.5+ Overall GPA)
- Student must be full-time (12+ semester hours)
* Financial need will be a consideration when making the award.
Students meeting the requirements for the scholarship are invited to apply by submitting a one page letter of application. The letter should describe the student’s interest in the scholarship, the student’s academic qualifications and the student’s academic plans for next year. The letter also should include a statement about the student’s financial needs that might be met with the scholarship.
Submit your application by email to Dr. Rich Crepeau at email@example.com by Friday, March 27th, 2020 at 5 PM. Please attach an electronic copy of your transcript. The Department Awards and Honors Committee will review the applications for the Yoder Scholarship and recommend a recipient to the Chair of the Department; the decision of the Committee and Chair will be final.