Neal Lineback "Geography in the News" Scholarship
The Department of Geography and Planning is seeking applicants for the Neal Lineback "Geography in the News" Scholarship. The department will award one scholarship to a rising senior who meets the eligibility requirements:
- Student is majoring in Geography
- Student will be a senior during the 2020-21 academic year (currently a junior)
- Student must have satisfactory academic achievement (3.0+ GPA in Geography and 2.5+ Overall GPA)
- Student must be full-time (12+ semester hours)
- Demonstrated aptitude for cartography and/or writing
Students meeting the requirements for the scholarship are invited to apply by submitting a one page letter of application. The letter should describe the student’s interest in the scholarship, the student’s academic qualifications and the student’s academic plans for next year. The letter also should include a statement about the student’s cartographic and/or writing accomplishments and interests; examples of the student’s work should be included with the letter of application.
Submit your application by email to Dr. Rich Crepeau at email@example.com by Friday, March 27th, 2020 at 5 PM. Please attach an electronic copy of your transcript. The Department Awards and Honors Committee will review the applications for the Lineback Scholarship and recommend a recipient to the Chair of the Department; the decision of the Committee and Chair will be final.